We hold LAMDA classes from the Carol Godby Theatre Workshop on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday Evenings. Classes are open to ages 11 and above and are designed to equip candidates with a range of skills. The LAMDA examinations are nationally recognised and aim to:
- Improve standards in communication through the spoken word
- Promote an appreciation of literature, poems and drama
- Acknowledge levels of achievement
- Support the creative, intellectual and social development of individuals
LAMDA Examinations is a UK statutory awarding body, specialising in Communication and Performance examinations. Here at the Carol Godby Theatre Workshop we currently offer Graded examinations in the following subjects:
- Devised Performance
- The Speaking of Verse and Prose
- Reading for Performance
- Spoken English
The examinations themselves provide candidates with an opportunity to:
- Measure progress against an international standard
- Make contact with expert practitioner examiners outside the immediate teaching environment
- Build self-confidence and self-esteem
- Acquire skill certification for career development
- Receive critical appraisal and guidance for future development.
We run several very successful LAMDA examination classes including the Bronze, Silver and Gold Medal tutorials.Good marks in these three exams combined can result in an additional 65 points being gained to add to the total A Level marks. These can be invaluable for those seeking a career in drama and pupils hoping to audition for accredited acting schools for degrees/diplomas will be very well prepared as their selected pieces will be brought to performance standard as a result of studying for their LAMDA examinations.
It should be noted that the Carol Godby Theatre Workshop LAMDA classes have enjoyed a 100% pass rate over the last 20 years, with many pupils gaining places at some of the most prestigious drama schools in the country.
If you would like to register for LAMDA classes please call the Linton Management offices on 0161 761 2020.